A Sense of Community
Prologue’s Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) offers hope and support to adults with severe and persistent mental illness and to those with co-occurring substance use disorders. Program services and supports encourage the development of an individual’s independence and success in life.
The PRP located at 3 Milford Mill in Pikesville has fully accessible program space, transportation and resources available. Prologue provides services to individuals in Baltimore and Carroll County and Baltimore City. Services are offered onsite at the day program and offsite in the person’s home or at other community locations based on their individual needs and choices.
The goals of the program are focused on improving the quality of life by helping the individual in his/her personal recovery process.
Examples of services offered:
- Symptom and Illness Management
- Budgeting and Personal Living Skills
- Stress Management and Relaxation Techniques
- Anger Management
- Computer and Technology Training
- Job/Vocational Readiness and Development
- Assistance with Entitlements (Social Security, Mobility)
- Physical Health and Wellness
- Community Alcohol/Narcotics Anonymous Meetings
- Co-Occurring (Substance use and mental health)
- Art/ Creative Expression
- Social Skills Development
- Personal Safety and Advocacy
The PRP is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 2:00 pm.
“Prologue has saved my life. Today I’m a totally different person. I’m much happier and I feel better about myself. Prologue makes you feel part of a community.”
“My worker helps me sort out all life problems I need her help with and is always there for me and my family. My worker helps so much she has been a huge asset in my life. There’s not much I could do before her and she’s helping me gain independence. She is very much appreciated and does a great job with my family and me.”